Frequently Asked Questions
If you need more help
045 055 2011
- Your microbladed brows will last for as long as you maintain them. Usually about 2 years.
- The treatment takes approximately 2 hours. Please allocate 2 and a half hours for your appointment. We are meticulous in our work and this isn’t something we want to rush.
- Touch-ups are recommended every 6 months, to keep the colour fresh and the strokes crisp. Some people can go longer before getting a touch-up, so it all depends on you.
- There is some discomfort associated with the treatment. Overall it feels like a little scratches. You can feel it but it is not unbearable. A numbing cream is used on your brows and topped up throughout the process to reduce the discomfort.
- Follow the aftercare instructions given to you. You will also receive an aftercare kit after the treatment is complete.
- No. There’s no downtime associated with the treatment. Redness and swelling will dissipate within an hour after. Your brows will appear darker initially, but not so dark that you will be prevented from your activities of daily living.
- Healing time varies from person to person. Usually, it takes about a week to ten days for the epithelial crust to form and slough off (just like a tattoo). Your skin will be considered healed after that happens. Then, the pigment takes some time to settle into the skin. A good month should pass before we consider the process complete.
- Microblading is a two step treatment, consisting of an initial procedure and then an initial touch-up after 4 to 6 weeks. After we take your before photo, we shape your eyebrows and decide on the colour. Shortly after that, a topical anesthetic will be administered to ensure comfort. Once you’re numb, the procedure begins and Jenny will implant the pigment into your epidermis. During healing, it’s normal to experience some pigment loss; this is why we have the touch up in place. The process is considered to be complete 4 weeks after the first touch up
- The number one thing Jenny cannot stress enough is please DO NOT TOUCH your microbladed brows for at least 7 to 10 days! Touching your brows interrupts the healing process and you will be left with a less than desirable result once your brows have healed. You are also advised to keep the skin clean and dry—that means no swimming, sweating or otherwise getting the area wet; no tanning or prolonged sun exposure; no picking or peeling the tattoo. You can still wash your hair and face and once they’re healed up, you treat them as your own.
- All the colours are iron-oxide based and have been FDA approved. A wide range of colours are available so that Jenny can help you choose what works best for your facial and hair colour.
- There are several things we can do. Your eyebrows can be modified to a point. Jenny will work with you until you are satisfied with your results.